An undergraduate minor in Biology requires successful completion of at least 17 credits (all with grade of C or better) from the Biological Sciences Core:
- BIOLOGY 151, 152 and 153 Introductory Biology I and II and lab.
- Three additional Biology Department courses chosen from the list of approved courses for the major, subject to the following stipulations:
- The three courses must each come from a different subject area (see the Biology Undergraduate Handbook for a list of courses in each area).
- No more than one of the three courses may also be used to satisfy the requirements of another major.
- Only 3-credit and 4-credit courses may be used.
- Only Biology Department courses may be used.
- All three courses must be taken at the University’s Amherst campus.