- Two of the following courses: ECON 103 (or RES-ECON 102), and ECON 104.
- One of the following courses: MATH 127, MATH 131.
- One of the following courses: MATH 128, MATH 132, RES-ECON 212, STATISTC 240, STATISTC 501, STATISTC 515.
- One of the following courses: ECON 203 (or RES-ECON 202), or ECON 204.
- Two additional ECON courses, 3 credits each, numbered 200 and above. RES-ECON courses do not fulfill this requirement. If RES-ECON 202 is taken to fulfill a requirement for the Economics minor, then ECON 203 cannot also count.
Students are eligible to declare the Economics minor at any point in their time at UMass, by following the directions on the Admissions page. Minors can also get information by making an appointment with Economics Academic Advising.
- The following courses do not fulfill Economics minor requirements: Independent Study or Honors Research/Thesis (ECON 396, 496, 499Y, 499T, or 596), Practicum (ECON 298, 398, 498, 598), ECON 365-Writing in Economics.
- Earn a minimum grade point average of 2.0 for all courses taken toward the minor.
- No course required for the Economics minor may be taken Pass/Fail.
- A minimum of two of the five required ECON courses must be taken in the Department of Economics at UMass Amherst.